Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012!

Well starting off strong in 2012 is a flop!  Christmas seemed to come and go, and then I had a few new books that needed (emphasis on the needed) to be read.  So, it is nearly February...and I am blogging about December. Go figure.
I just realized that I haven't even blogged about the Halverson Christmas Party! Every year we have a great time and this is the second year we have had it at Janet's house.  Santa even came!  Max wasn't too sure, but Hunter knew EXACTLY what he wanted from Santa.  I think the whole time that Santa was there - Hunter was talking to him.  (Even if no one knew. ha.)

 I even got to ask Santa for a full night's sleep....and Santa has already delivered 3 times! 
 Gary always asks for the same thing.  A gun.  Good thing Santa is pretty liberal too.
 All of the kids (minus Sariah and Melynda).  

 The whole crew.  It's a lot of fun with Bingo, gifts, and food.  We always love the Halverson Christmas Party.  

This year we all wore the same Christmas sweaters.  It was pretty funny to see all of the kids confused as they tried to find their Mom. 

 We headed down to Utah after our little family exchanged presents.  The first few presents Hunter opened just happened to be clothes (with tractors on them).  I was informed that those aren't cool (by Gary)....because Hunter gave up on opening his presents and started "helping" Max.  Don't worry. We steered him in the direction of his excavator present from us and he was happy again.
 Here Max is at 8 1/2 months!  He had 2 teeth, which you can sort of see in the picture.  He is now 20 pounds and crawls super fast.  One of his favorite things to do is to take a toy and use it to slide his hands on so he only has to move his legs.....the result = super duper fast.  I have to really know what I'm after in the fridge or else both boys are in there and I have extract food from their hands.

 Christmas Eve at my parent's house.  Hunter was pretty generous with Mema's cookies.  Three christmas tree sugar cookies for Santa.  I think it may have worked!
 Just about everything Max was given went right into his mouth.

 I wonder if next year I should just buy Gary a whole bunch of gun magazines...they always seem to be his favorite.
 Santa brought Hunter a "green crane truck with logs" - just like he asked for.  He was thrilled.
 Max's favorite toy - by far - was one of the logs from the log truck.  It still is.
 I kept trying to convince him to open some more presents.  Luckily for Max, Hunter was all too willing to help him open some of them.
 Gary made sure Hunter got a cap gun.  Sometimes I really wonder who the toys are for....

 Ryann makes the best faces.  She is a little diva and my side-kick. This picture cracks me up.
 Looks like Santa brought Anna something she really likes!
 All of the kids were together so Gary took a picture....and Ryann started posing.  I have about 10 of these pictures. It is hilarious.
 Max and Mema.  Max is sure a Mama's boy, but I think Mema probably slipped him a few green-truck-logs. : )
 This is how you will find my Dad on any given family occasion.  But usually he is without the sling.  Hopefully that thing will come off soon.  He had surgery on his shoulder just before Christmas.
 The Wright's also came by.  UFC and the Utes.  Enough said.
 We had a great Christmas.  The presents are great, but seeing family is the best.  I always love the time we get to spend there and the feeling of not wanting to leave.
 Once we got home, Hunter began teaching Max how to watch t.v. as close as possible.  He will, however, reach over and push him down occasionally.  I am working on that.
 Here we are playing a matching game in Hunter's room.  A couple weeks ago, Hunter realized that we have a lock on his door.  Well.  I was changing Max's diaper and Hunter locked us all in his room.  I didn't have anything to poke into that tiny hole to unlock it.....(who keeps small pokey objects in a toddler's room?)....and I couldn't get the screen out of the window.  Thank goodness I had my phone because I called my friend, Jamie, and she came and rescued us.  We only had to be in there for an hour.... did I mention I am REALLY grateful?
 Gary built himself a work bench in the garage so that he can reload more ammo out there.  Hunter likes to "help".  We always ask him if he is a big help. He replies, "No, I'm a little help".
 Max discovered a tunnel that we have.  He is always on the move and getting into trouble.  For some reason he really loves cords and remotes.  He will do anything to get to either of those things.
 Daddy and Hunter
 Me and my boys.  
 If you were wondering, because I'm sure you were, Max still carries around a log from Christmas.
 We had some special visitors in January! Sarah's family came up over Jon's birthday.  I took some pretty great cake pictures, but the camera that they are on doesn't like my computer.  I will have to upload them later. We did some really "Idaho" things.  We went to Gertie's brick oven.  (All you can eat pizza) We went out to the desert to shoot guns.  Gabe said that he wanted to 'shoot all of the guns!'. Took a few rides on the 3-wheeler, and visited the farm in Rupert.  It was a great weekend and I'm glad they put up with some of our craziness.  At one point Hunter said he wanted to eat their dog, Gunther.  To that, I have no comment.
 Ellie in the desert
 Luke and Jon
 Gary doing his thing
 Jon taught Gabe and Ellie to use the scope and aim.  By the end Gabe realized it would shoot everytime he could pull the trigger.  He had a good run.


 Cute Luke did pretty well with our back and forth schedule.  He didn't get to shoot, though. : )
 Gabe and Hunter were buddies.  After being at our house for just a few minutes, Gabe said, "Hunter is my best friend!".  Every morning Hunter just wanted "his cousins" to come back.
 Of course Hunter shot too.  I'm not sure what Gary is training him for.  I'm pretty sure a garbage truck driver (Hunter's latest aspiration) doesn't need to have sharp shooter skills.  I guess we're both just hoping that will change.
Other than that, we are just plugging along.  I'm trying to get the boys to get along, Max to sleep through the night (it's about time), and to keep my sanity.  I'm thinking about running a race in May....anyone want to join me?
Potty training is also at the top of my list.  Hunter just. doesn't. care.  We have gotten some pretty cool bribes for him, but it doesn't phase him.  Tips? Suggestions?  I'll take them all.
On a side note, I have started eating everything normal again.....and then my Relief Society started a 90 Days to Better Health Challenge.  I am a team captain and we aren't supposed to eat sweets.  Ah, it was short but sweet.  I might forfeit the points a few times. : )
So, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and here's to 2012!!
I

5 comments:

  1. Cute post! EXCEPT YOUR VERY UNFLATTERING PICTURE OF ME! Dont be surprised on my next blog post if a mysterious picture of Mary shows up. ha ha! Or better yet, I will have to call Hunter and tell him to lock you in his room again. ha! jk ...maybe. That picture of Ryann is freaky. ha! We loved seeing you guys at Christmas. Its always fun! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gald to finally see what you guys have been up to! Everyone seems to be slacking on their blogs lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I'm as far behind as you are. You'll have to tell me about your RS challenge. I need to find some motivation to each better and get back in shape. Lincoln just barely decided to potty train. I had a box of chocolates from Christmas and told him they were his potty treats. Later that day when I had to change his poopy diaper, I made a big deal of eating one of HIS treats. All of the sudden the other kids were all begging to be able to change his diaper and telling him to poop in his diaper so they could get a chocolate. He's still been in pull-ups but doing really good. Today is his first day in underwear-- I HATE cleaning them out and just throw away poopy ones, so I don't put them in underwear until I'm pretty sure they can do it without accidents. Oh, and each time he peed, he could get a dum-dum off my desk. I kept the bag in open sight and everytime he saw it he would go. (Or whenever he finished the sucker in his mouth.) Good Luck!!!! For my boys it usually seems to click a month or two after they turn 3, so you're almost there.

    If summer gets here before he's trained, just put him outside in a long shirt with nothing underneath. It only took once of it running down the leg for it to click.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are way too cute. It was fun catching up, I loved the Santa pictures, classic! Good luck with the RS Challenge, I am pretty sure I would have to cheat a few time on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the update! I feel like we haven't seen you guys in FOREVER! Your boys are sure handsome little things! Hopefully we will see you sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons