So I did it! I ran my first half marathon. Parts of it went by faster than other parts. After about 11 miles I had lost some of my steam. I made it in 2hrs 19min. That averages about a 10.5min/mile. Not too bad! Two of my brother's in law ran it as well. Steve finished 3rd in his division! Overall it was great. Here are some pictures from that day....
This is the results board. Gary is pointing to my name. (Proof that I finished...)
My friend from college, Val, came up to cheer me on!!! (So did two of Gary's sisters and their families...but somehow we didn't get them on camera.) Thanks for coming everyone!
Gary and Hunter had fun together. Hunter loved sporting Gary's sunglasses (they kept falling off his face) and my medal that says "finisher"...ha.
Gary's brother, Steve. Gary said he wasn't even winded when he finished! He wasted both me and Stephen.
I just thought this was funny. Hunter is starting to 'sort' everything. These little people didn't know what they were in for when Hunter picked them up!
Now that I have had a few days to think about it, I think I would do one again....oh wait! I think I am! My sister, Anna, has convinced me to run another one in July with her. You think I'm crazy? Well maybe you're right....



Way to go Mary! Sorry we couldn't be there.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Mary! I think I am going to run one this year as well!
ReplyDeleteGood Job!
I'm proud of you Mary! That is quite an accomplishment! By the way, you look great!! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteMary! You look So skinny! I am so PROUD of you. I cant wait to kick some major half marathon butt with you! :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou did awesome. There is one in the fall in Pocatello that I think Stephen is planning to do. So you can do another one in Sept if you want. Maybe Gary will join you???? Yeah right, I know, but it's worth a try.
ReplyDeleteThat is great Mary! what a fantastic accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Mary! That's awesome! I've never done the marathon (or half-marathon) thing....you have inspired me to try.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and it was SO fun to be up there with you. I am jealous you're doing another one in July. If you doa 5K let me know . . .I think that's all my foot can handle.
ReplyDeletewoot woot! Go Mary! Jer says "see Mary can run a half marathon, why can't I?" you've inspired him ;) I'm sad we might miss you, but have fun on your trip. when do you guys get back ? and by the way, Hunter is soooo adorable. I love his smile! Cute!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB!!! I love that the title of the race has 'potato' in it...only in Idaho, right?:) Well the Clarks are VERY proud of you!
ReplyDeleteWow Mary!! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon!! That's amazing. :)
ReplyDelete