Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doo Wah Diddy Diddy....

 This is Hunter's new place to hang out in the living room. Well, to be more specific - in the Entertainment Center. He thinks it is so cool to have his own little cubby and will sit in there all the time and close the door.  He especially likes it when Gary and I are watching t.v. because it seems like we are sitting there staring at him.

Canning has mostly come and gone. I canned peaches, pears, applesauce, tomatoes, and Gary wants to do salsa tonight. Whew! I forget how much work is involved, but it really does taste good.

I had a few peaches left over.......... so I made my first peach pie!

Hunter loves to wait for his "da-da" to come home at the window.  When he sees Gary's car - he runs to the door and waits to say "boo"!


Over Conference weekend we went down to Utah.  While the guys went to Priesthood we decided to do something kind of fun. We made applesauce! I had to do some trial and error at first because it had been a while since I had made it, but in the end it tasted yummy!  The apples came straight from the tree in my parent's orchard and were delicious!
 Yes, Hunter is just in his diaper.  It was a long day and he had decided to get all of his clothes dirty - so his Mom decided to strip him down. I didn't know that a picture opportunity was coming up. : )
I couldn't get this picture to turn....it is what Hunter and Ryann did while we made applesauce.   Notice the pretend pickle on Hunter's tray.  He was being picky and that was one of the things that Mema got him to pretend to eat. : )
Here is another picture of the boys. 




Happy Birthday to me!  My birthday falls on conference weekend a lot of times, so we usually have a small celebration when we go to Utah.  It was great! I love having family around!  My parents watched Hunter while Gary and I went on a date.  We went to Olive Garden and then he bought me some clothes at the mall. (A real sacrifice for Gary to go shopping!)
 My parents usually give a singing card that the kids get a kick out of!  This one had a bunch of cows singing.  We keep the cards we get and Hunter will pull them off of his bookshelf and I'll hear him laughing while he listens to them months later. : )
 Our family.
 Hunter loves his Uncle Seth!  He decided that he would follow Seth around and plop himself down on Seth's lap whenever he chose.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but I didn't. I think that always happens and you don't realize it until you get home. I had a great time and love being around family!
 Here is my birthday pie! Banana cream...mmmm..... Of course I got a second birthday party when we got home. I got to lounge around and read all day....Hunter slept in....it was rainy and then we went out to eat and for ice cream. It was perfect.
 I think this video is going to give my mom a heart attack, but Gary really thinks it is hilarious.  Gary taught Hunter to drive the 3-wheeler.  He loves it. Now I just have to be careful when I am giving Hunter a ride and want to step off to look at the garden or something...... : )



8 comments:

  1. Love Hunter's new 'Hang Out'! He does end up in the darnest places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last video is hilarious! I showed the boys and they thought that was pretty cool. I love that Hunter hangs out in the cubby. Moms right! He does find the funniest place to play. We loved having you guys here. THanks for coming to the soccer games too. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Late Birthday!! Sounds like it was a good one. I can't believe hunter is driving the 3-wheeler. He is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunter is so cute and funny! Sounds like you did a ton of canning. I'm impressed! It can be really time consuming! Your pie looks beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm that peach pie looks delicious! Happy Birthday Mary! (late) Good job on the canning. That is the best! Hope you guys are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That peach pie looks AMAZING! And your hair is beautiful! Are you taking any special vitamins to help it grow faster? Also, is it Christmas party time yet? We need our Halverson fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that's awesome you taught him to drive a three-wheeler. It makes me wonder how old Trevor was when he first rode a snowmobile....probably right around Hunter's age. Funny stuff. Happy Birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that pie looks yummy and I don't even like pies! BTW Avery is looking at this blog with me and says "Hi baby!" at the pictures of Hunter!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons