Monday, August 15, 2011

August

 Hunter is trying on Gary's scrum cap.  Just getting ready to play rugby in a few (or more) years!
 Can you find Hunter? He is a strange sleeper - I think the picture speaks for itself.
 Hunter painted me a picture for the first time the other day.  He loved it and I was surprised at how long it actually kept his attention.
 He thinks he is pretty hilarious when he puts on my shoes.
 Max is 4 months! Wahoo! He is 76% for height(25.75 inches) and 49% for weight( 14lbs 14oz.)! He still has tummy troubles. He smiles at EVERYTHING! I always say that he will even smile at a fly.  It makes you feel pretty good.  He has a hard time sleeping though, and that is also a challenge!
 Hunter and Max are starting to have a pretty cute relationship. Hunter is always making sure Max has a tractor, and he tells him all about them.

 I'm still trying to get a good picture of these two wiggle worms!
 Gary's Dad gave Hunter this magazine.  It has lots of pictures of tractors for sale.  Hunter will read it for a LONG time.  Right now he has it in the car, and will sit there like this - reading it wherever we go. He tells me about the tractors that he wants to buy....I ask what color it is, if it has a loader..... he calls it his "magazine".
 Max has ventured into the world of real food!  Just barely though.  We've only given rice cereal to him a few times.  He basically throws himself at the spoon.
 Max and Grandma!
 Rupert is a magical place for Hunter.  Grandpa and Grandma make sure that he gets the full experience when we go....loaders, tractors, milking cows, you name it.  Hunter is in heaven.


 It was Jerome Fair Week last week and my friend Liz was on the committee so she got us some tickets to events!  Thanks Liz!  For the 2nd year in a row we went to the demolition derby with the Binghams.  Keegan and Hunter are buddies.  (Hunter says 'Kee-kee' is his 'best friend'.)
 Silly putty in Max's ears must have worked - he was out like a light after only a few minutes.
 This picture is priceless.  Really. Priceless.
 We have been going fishing on Sunday evenings.  Gary likes it because we all pile in his pickup to go down to the fishing spot.  Hunter likes it because he can get a little bit dirty.  And, who knew, I even like it too.


 This is a picture looking straight across from where we drive down. Notice the grain field, the waterfall, the river - picturesque.
 This is a picture from the top and that is the road that we wind down to get to the river.
 More Fair fun.  Hunter loved the animals and even got a pony ride.  While he was on the pony he kept saying, "Yee-haw, ride'em cowboy!".
 The baby pigs were the cutest, in my opinion.
 For mutual on Wednesday night, Gary had the boys kill and cook a chicken.  It was a first for most of the boys, and a good skill to learn.  I was kind of worried because Hunter had grown a little bit attached to this chicken.  I told him that Daddy was going to eat the chicken.  Later he said, "Where the chicken go? Daddy eat the chicken."  The next morning he asked where the chicken went, and I told him that Daddy ate it last night. He said, "I want to eat chicken too!" So, he had chicken nuggets for breakfast.  I wonder if he really got it ?  He hasn't asked to see the chicken since then.
 We also went to the rodeo.  Here are my two cowboys...

Overall, we are doing well!  Gary works his tail end off, and he has also started teaching a class online.  He de-stresses by working on his pickup, fishing, and going on 3-wheeler rides.  I have been running in the mornings and working inside and outside during nap times.  Our garden is finally starting to kick out some veggies!  We've already had our staple fried green tomatoes and fried zucchini dinner.

Is summer really almost over?

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Max and Hunter! My two Idaho boys! I love 'em. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben loves to look at tractor magazines too. He carries them around with him everywhere he goes. I can't believe how much Hunter and Max have grown! Can't wait to see you guys in Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter is so cute, I love how obsessed he is with tractors!! That picture of him reading his "magazine" is hilarious! And max...SO adorable! Love that smile! I can't wait to see it in person (hopefully) up in Jackson!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are so cute and I can't believe how big Max is getting already! He is cute! Ry is super jealous of all the tractors Hunter gets to see!! I was showing him the pictures and he just kept saying "wow"! I am sure they would be great friends!! And I am so sad summer is almost over too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pictures! It was SO good to see you guys . . . even if it was just for a little while. I hope Max starts sleeping and feeling better :( and who knew about silly putty ... good tip :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons