Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Gary!


Well, this post is a little late. Gary had his birthday on the 12th of March! We kind of celebrated it over a few days because he actually had to work on his birthday. We went to Cabela's, Red's Trading Post (a gun store), and Sportsman's Warehouse. (Funny story about Sportsman's Warehouse to come....) Doesn't Gary have a cute helper to open presents with him??

On Gary's birthday he went to work and his parents offered to come over and watch Hunter while we went out to eat! It was great. We wanted to try a restraunt in Jerome that is supposed to be pretty good, the Smokin' Cowboy. When we got inside the manager informed us that they were out of mashed potatoes, beans, pork, ribs, and pretty much everything else on their menu. I guess they had a large lunch rush and since their food is slow cooked - they ran out. We decided to go to a Mexican restraunt across the street and it ended up being really good.

When we got back we had Gary's Cold Stone cake with his parents. ( I nearly burned off my hands trying to light Gary's candles....there were A LOT to put on!)




Overall, Gary got spoiled with presents and I think he had a great birthday! Thanks Don and Renae for coming to babysit so we could go out to eat!!!! Also, on St. Patrick's Day Gary got to drive the Glanbia milk truck in the Twin Falls parade (yes we have a St. Patrick's Day parade)! He did a great job and didn't run over any kids - to top it off he got to wear a sombrero made from foam cheese while driving the truck.

Sportsman's Warehouse Story
As usual we were standing by the gun cabinets in Sportsman's and a dog came running through the store. I thought that the owner must be right behind it, so I pointed the dog out to Hunter (who loves dogs). Well the dog spotted me spotting HIM and came running. He jumped up on Hunter and I and started licking and dancing around us. After that brief episode I looked around and thought, " I guess there are dogs who slobber more than Roxy..." Well I wasn't entirely right. The worker behind the gun cabinet looked around, asked us if that was our dog (NO) and said "Man that dog peed on our floor!". So to cut right to the chase, most of the pee landed on the floor but the dog did pee on my pants while assulting Hunter and I. To make the story even better, Hunter had an allergic reaction to the dog's slobber. I think he licked him right in the eye. The jury is still out as to why Hunter has allergic reactions to random dogs, but we are hoping that it goes away. (It has happened twice....this time and once with a Shitzu neighbor dog)

Hunter went to his yearly checkup with the Pediatrician. He is 30 inches long and weighs 23 pounds. He is about 50% on height and weight...so he has slowed down on growth a little bit. I bet he'll have a growth spurt soon though. He also has 6 teeth on top and 5 on bottom (2 of which being molars!).

This is Hunters crazy happy smile that he does ALL the time. He is eating a cookie and was pretty happy about it.

Here is another video of Hunter on his 4-wheeler. He is a little dare devil. He is always trying to make it go while standing on the seat, one leg on the side rail, or anything else he can think of. I don't have any pictures of that because i usually run over to him as fast as I can to stop him. Now we just hear a squeal or mischievous laugh and then the 4-wheeler starts up and Hunter comes riding past us.

3 comments:

  1. First, the picture of Hunter and his teeth is so funny! I cant believe that he has all of those teeth! AHHH! Can he give Ryann a couple? Second, love his pants..he he! And third, the video is great. I love how he moves the 4 wheeler back and forth to be funny even though he KNOWS how to make it go. WHAT A COOL KID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and videos! Yuck! I can't believe that dog peed all over you! Glad you guys had a good time for Gary's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the dog peed on you! Gross! Hunter is a hoot! I was cracking up reading about his adventures on his cute little 4 wheeler. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons