Monday, July 12, 2010

31 Seconds


Farmington Festival Days Half Marathon : 2 hours 19 minutes 23 seconds. That means that I beat my last time by 31 seconds! Wahoo! My sister and I ran this half marathon together in our matching Twilight shirts (provided by me). People called us the "Twilight Girls" or yelled out "Go team Jacob!". There were lots of hills in this half marathon - it was a doozie! It was pretty awesome to run it with my sister though.
This is us right after the race pretending not to be dead tired.
This was right before we fell over.
Part of my support crew. My parents, my family, and my sister's family all came to cheer us on.
The cute poster that my nephews made for me.
We spent a week in Utah before the race. Here is Hunter having the time of his life on the lawn mower with Grandpa.
Playing at MeMa's.
You get whatever you want when you are at MeMa's house - you want two popsicles...? Or maybe two ice cream cones - you got it!

Hunter and Mema playing Peekaboo - one of his favorite things to do!

7 comments:

  1. Great job Mary! 2 in 1 summer, you are an inspiration! And great job on the PR. You deseve 2 ice cream cones for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like you guys have had some fun adventures the last few weeks, disneyland, sea world, wild animal park and to top it all off a half marathon! You crazy kids! We're glad we got to see you while you were down here :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ROCK Mary!!! I am really considering running the one in Layton...WITH YOU! THink about it!!! Nothing but LOVE sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you can that technically you've ran a full marathon. They just don't need to know that it was done over a few weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Mary! I am seriously so proud of you! Do you have any other halfs coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're awesome!! --way to beat your time & i'm with jenny I think we should all count 2 half's as a whole, that's just good math, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Mary! My mom said she saw you there! I totally would have come to cheer you on if I had known you were running the race in Farmington! I haven't seen you in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons