Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Big Family Trip!

We just got back from our big family trip! We started off by going to the Grand Canyon! We only went to the North side because the South side would have added an extra day to our driving. It was beautiful and much more green than both Gary and I thought!
The Grand Canyon




Next up - DISNEYLAND! Wahoo! We started off by going to a character breakfast. Hunter was asleep for half of it. Good thing the food was AWESOME! When he finally woke up he really loved the characters. I think his favorite was Daisy Duck.


Gary and Hunter in Disneyland.

Hunter and I in front of the Dumbo ride.

Sea World!

I have to admit that Sea World was definitaly my favorite! The shows were awesome and not too long, there really wasn't a crowd and Hunter LOVES fish. In the picture below, Hunter is signing "fish". He also did his fish face almost non-stop while we were there.
Hunter decided that Grandpa was going to show him around the fish and now everytime he sees my dad he signs fish. Its pretty funny.
Cookie monster even posed for a picture!
Here are my sister and her kids with Hunter.
Elmo is Hunter's favorite! He ran up to him, plopped down, and wouldn't leave.
Disneyland again..... The best ride was the carousel (according to Hunter). He loved it and so did we because the wait was 5 minutes or less!
A classic Mickey Mouse picture.
We babysat the "littles" while my sister and brother's families went to a pirate dinner. It was a little too late for the littles so we offered to babysit. We played man-to-man. Fortunately my niece Kimee LOVED Gary. So, I chased Hunter around and my mom chased around Ryann. It was lots of fun.
Mema and Ryann reading a book.
Hunter cleaning up after dinner.
Mema broke out the M&M's and we watched how fast the kids came running/crawling!
Argggg! A pirate's life for me! Cute Kimee.
We bought the Southern California City Pass so we also got to go to the San Diego Zoo! This is on the tour bus- one of Hunter's favorite attractions - the elephants!
Gary is such a daring Dad.....he has much more faith in Hunter's balance than I do. Hunter didn't fall though.
The petting zoo. It is funny to go to these now that we have had several types of animals. There were mainly goats and sheep. Hunter liked it a lot.
Hunter, my Mom, the elephant, and I all pose.
Here is Paulette from the zoo. She must have done something really special to deserve a cutout you can put your face through.....
Of course, we had to find some fish. Good thing the miniature hippos didn't mind having LOTS of fish in their tank with them.
The next best thing - giraffes.
Of course we couldn't forget -California Adventure! Gary and I had just gone on a ride where we got all wet...
Grandpa and Hunter waiting for the Toy Story ride. (very cool ride....)
Hunter was tired but Gary and I forced him to stay awake for the kiddie rides. He was holding his blanket and looking tired...but he went on all of them!
It took 14 hours to drive home because of a Freeway Closure in Nevada. Hunter was great for 12 hours, but that last 2 was hard on all of us. But we made it home!!!! It was a great vacation! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us have such a great trip! It was really fun to be with my family! I don't have many pictures of the cousins because they moved too fast...but we loved playing with them too. : ) Can't wait for the next trip to Disneyland!

4 comments:

  1. It was great fun for Dad and me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm sorry we missed you the other day . . . but I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons