Monday, April 11, 2011

Max Gary Halverson

Max Gary Halverson came on April 7, 2011 at 2:55 p.m.  He weighed 7lbs. 10oz. and was 20.5'' long. 
This kid came out screaming!  The doctor asked Gary if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord, but before Gary could - Max kicked through it! Everyone was so shocked...even the doctor.  I don't know how he did it, but at that moment I knew that Max was the right name for this little guy!!!
 A proud Dad holding his little guy.
 Instant love.

 My parents were able to be up here to take care of Hunter.  My mom stayed while I had Max and my Dad watched Hunter at home.  I think having them here was one of the biggest worries off of my mind....Hunter! You can't just forget about your toddler at home just because you're having another baby.  It made it so much nicer to know that he was with people who love him and would let him watch as many Bob the Builders as he wanted. Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you guys!
 Hunter had a cute "Big Brother" t-shirt on but refused to take his jacket off.  He thought baby Max was cool because he gave him a helicopter present....but after those few moments of sitting on my lap - he was ready to explore.   Apparently hospital beds were made with Hunter in mind. Lots of buttons, knobs, and cubby holes to try to get stuck in.  That is what he did the rest of the time he came to see us in the hospital.
 Gary's parents and brother and sister were able to come up just a few hours after Max was born.  Here are the proud Grandparents.

 This guy is definitaly a Halverson.  His head and shoulders are the same size. Just like Hunter.  It will be interesting to see if they have the same build!
 This was on Friday when we came home. Hunter got my parents sick and they didn't want to get Max sick, so Renae came to watch Hunter in the morning.  Hunter wasn't sure about this new baby....but he sat on my lap long enough for a quick picture.
 My sister, Anna, and her family drove all the way up here from Utah over the weekend.  Anna made sure I wouldn't do ANYTHING to over-do it.  She even told me to go take a nap while she held Max.  I mean, talk about being served! She took care of everything! 
 Here is Hunter on his tractor toy.  I don't think I've ever seen him more in love.......
 Uncle Jake became a quick favorite.  Here he is helping Hunter "fix" the wagon with his tools.
 Doesn't Max look tiny???  Gary and I could use a little R&R too. : )


 This is the best family picture that we have so far.  Hunter just isn't the picture taking sort of guy.  I guess it is a true representation of how he is right now.....nonstop motion!
 We are a little more practiced at picture taking....
 Anna and I tried to do a photo shoot with Max, but he got kind of upset and wouldn't have it!  Look at how big and skinny those feet are!  His security bracelet kept falling off of him in the hospital because they are so skinny....talk about scary!
 Here he is at 3 days old...he is just like Hunter. He thinks he can hold his head up already. It is amazing!
 Here is how we knew our photo shoot was officially over.
 The boys were playing Wii and Hunter couldn't stop loving them. He kept leaning on them and wanted to see everything they were doing.
 See how Hunter is just sprawled over Brooks' leg?  He loves these guys and it really helped that they were here because it took his mind off of how Mommy had another little one.
 Gary showed off his 3-wheeler and the boys loved it!
 Ryann is the cutest!  She loved the swing.  She was my little sidekick while they were here. I loved hearing her say, "Mary, where are you?" every time she couldn't find me.
 Dylan on the 3-wheeler.
 Even Jake and Ryann got in on the fun.  I heard Anna got a ride from Jake, but she got too scared. ha.
 Here are the boys showing Hunter how to really USE the swing set.
And last but not least - Hunter figured out how to turn the camera on, turn it around and take a picture of himself while saying "cheese".  I have a bunch of these pictures now. They're hilarious.

We are doing great! Gary has a week off of work and we are loving that.  I don't think I'll ever want him to go back.  It feels natural to have two kids and I love the feeling that it makes your family even more complete....like you were just waiting for them.  I know it'll be hard, but it will be fun too. I keep trying to think of it as a challenge.  We're happy!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is very cute. The first little bit is hard, but once he gets big enough to play they keep each other entertained and have so much fun together. Hunter will love having a brother even more once Max gets big enough to "do something." He looks like Gary as a baby to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mary!! I can't believe how skinny he is! He looks just like Gary though. I'm sure hunter will soon become more of a little helper than you want sometimes. Let us know if we can do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Max is adorable, and so dark!! Next time you get a chance you need to post a newborn pic of hunter so we can see how similar/different they are! I am happy to hear that life as a family of 4 is going so great!! We all need to get together sometime soon!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you both! Max is so adorable. I love that picture of him trying to hold his head up. That is so precious! You guys make such a cute family. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute and tiny!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny while I was at home with my new baby I kept thinking "there are women out there having babies right now" and you were!!!! Congratulations! Our babies are almost identical weight and length! And of course, April is now the cool month to have a birthday in apparently! He's adorable!!! You did a great job :) It's nice to be able to say things like " I'll bring the 'kids' ...etc." it does totally feel more like a family!!! Hopefully we'll be able to meet him someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Mary! Your boys are both adorable. I'm glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Meet the Halversons